A recent interview (July 2019) with Matthew Parsons of CBC’s North by Northwest.
The 2012 interview with Owen Bennett-Jones of the BBC World Service’s 24 Hours.
The 2008 interview with the BBC World Service’s Claire Balding.
Selected Media (television and radio)
- 2019 CBC Radio, BC. North by Northwest, with Matthew Parsons. On writing a new Louis Riel opera.
- 2019 CBC Radio, Sask. Saskatchewan Weekend, with Shawna Powers. With Neil Weisensel, on the May 9 performance by the Regina Symphony of Riel’s Heart of the North
- 2018 CKUA Radio. The Road Home, with host Bob Chelnick. Remembrance Day special.
- 2015 CBC Television. The National, with Terry Reith. Interview. Water levels on the North Saskatchewan River. From the 2200 km river research journey across the continent made by S.M. Steele and J. Hilberry. August, 2015.
- 2015 CBC Radio AM Edmonton, with Mark Connolly, CBC Radio Saskatchewan. Feature Interviews. August, 2015.
- 2015 Storm Radio, CJAR 102.9, The Pas. Feature interview with J. Hilberry. August 2015.
- 2014 BBC Radio Devon. Interview on The Long Good-bye.
- 2014 Sky television, ITV, UK. Interview on The Long Good-bye. August.
- 2012 The Charles Adler New Year’s Special, feature television interview on working with the military as an artist, broadcast nationwide on the Sun News Network, Dec. 31, 2012.
- 2012 BBC World Service, World Update, feature interview on Afghanistan, Requiem for Generation, November 12, 2012.
- 2012 CBC National Radio, National Public Radio (USA), As It Happens, feature interview on writing the war requiem. November 9, 2012.
- 2011 CBC Television,War Artists, The National, feature interview with Deana Sumanac on being a war artist. Canada, July 14, 2011.
- 2010 CBC Radio Active with Peter Brown, feature interview and reading of ‘9-liner’, Edmonton, AB, June 2010.
- 2010 1290 CJBK Radio, London in the Afternoon with Alan Coombs, feature radio interview on war work. London, Ont. May 2010.
- 2010 CBC Radio All Points West with Jo-Anne Roberts, feature interview and reading of ‘On the Loss of Lt. Andrew Nuttall’, Victoria, BC January 10, 2010
- 2009 BBC Radio World Service, World Update, feature interview with Dan Damon, live broadcast interview and reading of ‘This Country’, from Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan. Nov. 13th, 2009.
- 2009 CBC National Radio, The Story from Here, feature interview and reading of ‘Elegy for an Infantryman’. Nov. 11th, 2009.
- 2009 CBC Radio Sound XChanges, with Kelly Jo Burke, reading ‘For Justin Boyles’ and interview, Saskatchewan, Nov. 9, 2009
- 2009 CBC Radio, Sound XChanges, feature interview with Bonnie Austring-Winter, reading ‘Elegy for an Infantryman’ and interview, Saskatchewan, August, 2009
- 2008 CBC National Radio, The Current with Anna Maria Trimonte, interview on war artist work, Toronto, Ont. October 30, 2008.
- 2008 BBC World Service, Newshour with Claire Balderson, interview on being a war artist, London, U.K., October 24, 2008.
- 2007 CBC Radio, All Points West, Interview on walking the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, with Jo-anne Robertson.